Enjoy these pictures from the ABRA Rimfire match on 10/16/2022. Well done!
2022 Auto Bench Rest Association (ABRA) match dates have been added to the club calendar:
- April 16 (Saturday), 4:00 pm, 4 targets (April 17 is Easter)
- May 15 (Sunday), 4:00 pm, 4 targets
- June 19 (Sunday), 4:00 pm, 4 targets
- July 17 (Sunday), 4:00 pm, 4 targets
- August 21 (Sunday), 4:00 pm, 4 targets
- September 18 (Sunday), 4:00 pm, 4 targets
- October 16 (Sunday), 2:00 pm, 6 targets (Club Tourney)
These matches are open to the public. Contact Joe Jarrell at (859) 361-0509 for questions.
We have a few changes to the calendar regarding the Rifle Matches at the club.
- The Fun Matches held on the 1st Tuesday of each month have been cancelled.
- The ABRA Rifle match to be held in September was moved to Sunday, Sept. 19th starting at 4pm.
- The ABRA Rifle match to be held in October (which is also the Championship match) was moved to Sunday, Oct. 17th at 2pm.
If you have any questions please let us know.
This Saturday, August 21st is the monthly ABRA Rifle match at the club. Match starts at 4pm at the .22 Rifle Range. Please arrive early so you can register and get set up.
The club will be holding a fun rifle match the 1st Tuesday of each month. We will alternate between .22 and centerfire each month.
This upcoming Tuesday, June 1st at 6pm, will be the first fun match. The type of Match will be chosen at that time by the participants. There are several options to choose from:
- Sucker match- shooting dum-dum suckers
- Quarter match- bring a roll of quarters in case this is chosen
- Fly target- target is in the shape of a fly. Points awarded according to what section of the fly you hit
- Green target- traditional green target from the club
Each match will be $3, payback is 50/50. This fun match will be held at the .22 range. All other ranges will be open at this time.
All shooters are reminded to comply with the following ammunition restrictions on the MCFGC ranges:
- NO armor piercing ammunition.
- NO tracer ammunition.
- NO rifle caliber ammunition on the pistol range.
Examples of appropriate ammunition for handguns on the pistol range include .22 LR, 9mm, .38 Special, .357 Magnum, .357 SIG, .40 S&W, 10mm and .45 ACP. Pistol caliber carbines (PCC) are also allowed on the pistol range but limited to 9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm, and .45 ACP calibers. The ONLY bottleneck cartridge allowed on the pistol range is the .357 SIG.
Rifle caliber ammunition CANNOT be fired on the pistol range. Examples of rifle caliber ammunition include but are not limited to .223 Remington, 5.45x39mm, 5.56x45mm NATO, 6.5mm Creedmoor, 7.62x39mm, .308 Winchester, 7.62x51mm NATO, .300 Blackout, etc.
Please remember that we have an active video system 24 hours a day. Failure to adhere to our range rules can result in restricted range privileges or loss of membership.
These restrictions are in place for the safety of members and guests and to prevent target damage. Please contact a Club Officer or Board Member for any questions.
The Saturday, October 17th ABRA Rifle match has been cancelled due to COVID-19 numbers not improving.
The ABRA Rifle Match for August 15th is cancelled. The September match is still scheduled for now, and the start time has been changed to 3:00 pm. An email with more details will be sent to members closer to the match date.
Results for the rimfire rifle match on Saturday, 7/18/2020, are available at the link below. Per Stephen C Duvall: “It was a tough crowd as shown by all the 200s and 199s. New shooters won 1st and 2nd in Outlaw Heavy Bolt!”
Please note changes for the upcoming ABRA Rifle Matches on 18 July and 15 August. Start times are changed to 6:00 pm due to the heat as updated on the calendar. See you there!